"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Decorating

Large Owl Plate from Pottery Barn
 
Green glass vase from Pottery Barn


Owl Martini Shaker from Pottery Barn





Last Friday I posted some displays from my local Pottery Barn store which were an inspiration to me while preparing my home for Fall.  I thought I'd share how I displayed my purchases. In the first photo I used the large owl platter on my mantle and grouped it with some other owls I already own.  I'm not a pro at decorating by any means, but I've learned a few things from interior designers.  When you group similar items or collections it makes more of a statement than if you have them spread sporadically around your home.  This by no means is all of the owl statues I own, but I think it makes a statement. It helps if you have items of varying heights.   I also threw in the witch plate to give the grouping a pop of color. The bittersweet adds a natural element and also adds a touch of color.  The rocks in the vase also add a touch of nature, but I went the fake route on the twigs.  I found them at Crate and Barrel.  They are made of paper and look pretty cool up close.  In the second photo, I spread out my swag of bittersweet and put a few sprigs in the green vase from Pottery Barn.  Now that my house is decorated for Fall I can sit back and fix myself a martini with my new owl martini shaker. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment